A database link is a one-way connection between two databases. Starting with Oracle version 126.96.36.199, database session information now reports additional information for those sessions involving database links. As often database links are created between databases of different security profiles; it is important to log session activity that includes the details of the database link.
DBLINK_INFO returns the source of a database link. Specifically, it returns a string of the form –
- dblink_src_global_name is the unique global name of the source database
- dblink_name is the name of the database link on the source database
- dblink_src_audit_sessionid is the audit session ID of the session on the source database that initiated the connection to the remote database using dblink_name
You can verify DBLINK_INFO –
- Oracle 12c provides a DBLINK_INFO column in SYS.UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAIL.
- SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','DBLINK_INFO') FROM DUAL
If you have questions, please contact us at mailto:email@example.com
- Integrigy Oracle 12c Unified Auditing Whitepaper Oracle 12c Unified Auditing